Saturday, September 11, 2010

Okay, I'll Finally Start

My name is Kellie.  I told Britt I would join and started Sept. 1st, but I am a full time school teacher just started back, a full time mom, and we just moved to a new house, so I've been too busy to blog.  But I wanted to introduce myself as you all have!  I haven't taken any measurements other than my weight and let's just say that I am the heaviest I have ever been.   I gained about 40 pounds with my baby and it's been 9 1/2 months without a lot of success losing the weight.  I also have thyroid problems to top it off.  So needless to say, losing weight is hard.
I have tried all sorts of diets and exercise programs and have found that no matter how much I work out or what I do, I can only lose weight through what I eat.
So, my goal for this program is get my eating under control and not let the stress and my emotions of work and motherhood take control of my food cravings.  I would love to lose about 50 pounds total, but my goal for this program is to lose 20 in the next two months.
I have always been super motivated to work out and have been following the program "Insanity" by BeachBody.  It has me work out INSANELY hard 6 days a week, which I have been religiously doing for the past 3 weeks.  The program will take me through the middle of October to finish, then I'll start round 2 of p90x (another BeachBody program).
I am definitely excited to have some competition, I REALLY don't like to lose!
(Sorry I don't have a better picture to put on here, I honestly haven't even had time to take some body shots.  But you get the idea from this one).

Oh, and Britt said to give updates... in my first week I lost 2 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment