Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Here We Go!

Hi Everybody! I'm Jami- I am super excited to do this.  I've needed something to get me motivated for a long time- and having a group of girls for support (and to get after me if I start slacking) is really going to help me out!  So here are some details... 

My Story:  I played soccer for 12 years, so never had to eat healthy, excercise on my own, or even worry about my weight because I ran 2-3 hours a day!  When soccer ended, so did my healthy body.  I've put on 40+ pounds since my soccer days (yes I know, thats the weight of a small child) and have tried multiple times to lose it, and failed.  Just recently I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and told I was pre-diabetic (crappy right?) which gives me all the more reason to get in shape and be healthy. We've also been trying for a baby for the last 1 1/2 years, and I'm told losing weight helps with that. Hopefully right?

My Plan:  I need to eat better.  I am going to adopt a low carb low sugar diet (ugh) and try to eat a lot of fresh fruits, veggies, and lean meats.  I've done it before and loved the way it made me feel, and it was recommeded by the doctor.  Too bad I have a love affair with carbs and crave noodles, bread, rice, cupcakes, etc on an hourly basis  (Have you been to temptation cupcake?? Seriously so good).  We'll see how that goes.   I also plan to exercise at least 5 times a week.  Any tips on the best way to get a good workout is a short time?

My Stats:  Weight: 181   Height: 5' 4''   (measurements to come- I don't have a  measuring tape)

My Pics:  ( I realize I look abour 5 months preggers in these pics- I'm not- swear it- thats my gut)
Notice my huge arm span- Yup my arms are 4 inches longer than I am tall-  What the...

I'm excited to get started! Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. I bought a dvd that is 5 ten minute workouts. I love it! It gets me going and I even sweat during the short workouts. I found it at Hastings but you're welome to borrow it if you want to try it out before you buy it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete